Frequently Asked Questions
This page is intended to answer any questions you may have about joining or maintaining the Darktheme Club. If you still have unanswered questions after reading this page, please submit an issue in GitHub and we will endeavour to answer your question.
How do I join The Darktheme Club?
If you're interested in getting your site added to The Darktheme Club, all you need to do is follow these instructions:
- If your site satisfies this requirement, create a pull request (instructions here) to add your site.
- I will then review you PR and merge it into main. Once merged, your site will be added to the list.
Note: I reserve the right to not add sites based on whether I think they're suitable to be added or not.
Can I add something to my site to show I'm in the Darktheme club?
Yes! Once you're a proud member of the Darktheme Club, you are free to add a link to your own website. Simply copy the code snippet below, or make your own.
<p>👻 Proud member of <a href="https://darktheme.club/">darktheme.club</a> 👻</p>
What's the point of all this?
That's a great question!
I decided to start this project for a couple of reasons:
- People with certain visual imparements have a hard time navigating a web without a dark theme. There are plugins that try to emulate a dark theme for some sites, but those are not always accurate.
- As a software engineer, I often stay up late browsing through articles on HackerNews or lobste.rs. After spending some time in my dark-themed editor and dark-themed search engines, the last thing my eyes want to see is a blindingly bright website preventing my brain from entering "sleep mode".
- Most, if not all, of the sites listed are personal sites. Many of which are blogs. The Darktheme Club is a great way of discovering other blog owners who are also interested in accessible web design. Think of it like a modern day webring.
- It's a bit of fun, so why not?
I see a problem / how do I get in touch?
See a problem on this site? Maybe there's a site listed that's not longer live, or no longer qualifies for the club. Or, maybe you just want to get in touch for some reason.
If so, create an issue on GitHub or use the contact page on my main website.
Illegal or inappropriate content
This can be anything we deem inappropriate for the Darktheme Club. Things like pornographic sites, or sites that contain NSFW material will not be added. Basically, if you wouldn't show it to your grandma or your kids, you're probably not going to get accepted.
We reserve the right to refuse any site we deem to be inappropriate, even if it doesn't obviously align to any of the rules stated above.